Re: New start up splash screen annoyance...

From: Manoj Srivastava
Subject: Re: New start up splash screen annoyance...
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 00:01:49 -0500

On Mon, 24 Sep 2007 14:19:50 -0400, Richard Stallman <address@hidden> said:

>     Better, but are you aware that new users have no idea what
>     "mouse-2" or "mouse-3" means?

> Do people agree with this?  We could call them "left", "middle", and
> "right" in all our tooltips, if that is correct.

        I have a vertical mouse, bought when I was worried about the
 effect of long hours on my wrist.  The mouse sits upright, with all the
 buttons on the right hand side (you can also get left handed vertical
 mice).  The correct names would be "Top", "middle", "scroll", "Bottom"
 and "Thumb" for the buttons on this mouse.

> However, ISTR that this correspondence is not uniform.  Which number
> button is the right button on a two-button mouse?

        I have a number of mice where the number of buttons is neither 2
 nor three; and the left most button is not button 1.

        manoj
--
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the
subject. Winston Churchill