Re: keep|flush-lines, how-many to be used backward.

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: keep|flush-lines, how-many to be used backward.
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 23:56:28 +0300

>> I've been using this for a few days, and I find it quite useful.  It may
>> be good to install.
>>
>> The effect: C-u M-x how-many RET is how-many'ing in the text *before*
>> point.  Same for C-u M-x keep-lines.
>>
>> If this is not the right thing to do for such a feature, just say it,
>> I'll not insist too much.
>
> Since one (1) person was « not against it », I'll probably install that
> on Friday.

What do you think about using a negative argument to operate before point?
Many Emacs commands change their direction when the argument is negative,
e.g. for `kill-sexp' the negative arg means kill sexps before point, etc.

keep|flush-lines, how-many could do the same, e.g. `M-- M-x keep-lines'.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/