Re: get rid of the MULTI_KBOARD #ifdefs

From: Dan Nicolaescu
Subject: Re: get rid of the MULTI_KBOARD #ifdefs
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 15:03:04 -0700

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

  > > From: Dan Nicolaescu <address@hidden>
  > > Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 09:40:36 -0700
  > >
  > > So I think we should get rid of all the #ifdef MULTI_KBOARD
  > > conditionals and just leave the code for when MULTI_KBOARD is
  > > defined, this will help reduce the cruft in the code base.
  > >
  > > RMS OKed this provided there no objections here...
  > >
  > > Comments?
  >
  > The MSDOS port doesn't support MULTI_KBOARD (and never will).

Have you made a decision yet if you still want to maintain the MSDOS
port?

  > So if there's an alternative way of fixing this ugliness without
  > gratuitously breaking the DOS port, please use that alternative.

AFAIK, now, the only big difference between MULTI_KBOARD and non
MULTI_KBOARD is that in one case there a global variable of type
struct kboard, and in the other case is malloced. So it seems to me
that even if the MSDOS is kept alive, it might be possible to make it
work in MULTI_KBOARD mode. But I don't have a good understanding about
this, so take this with a big grain of salt...