Can we make x-select-enable-clipboard default to t?

From: Eric Hanchrow
Subject: Can we make x-select-enable-clipboard default to t?
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 07:19:14 -0700

I think beginner's lives would be easier if x-select-enable-clipboard
defaulted to t -- then Emacs would work the way most other
applications do, namely: when you select some text, you can then paste
it into other applications.

--
Any word you have to hunt for in a thesaurus is the wrong
word.  There are no exceptions to this rule.