Re: generate 3) S-mouse-2: follow link in new window

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: generate 3) S-mouse-2: follow link in new window
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2007 00:22:10 +0200

"Drew Adams" <address@hidden> writes:

>>     Have `ask' be the default value of
>>    `mouse-1-click-follows-link', and have a
>>     behavior similar to that of `disable-command':
>>
>> I can't believe beginners would prefer that.
>
> Why not?

Because Emacs is configured right from the start not to work, but
rather force the user to configure things and make permanent decisions
before he even has a chance to get acquainted with Emacs and form an
opinion.

It also means that if some sysadmin calls Emacs on another user's
account, he only has the choice to avoid using mouse-1, or to
permanently reconfigure the user's Emacs, taking his choice from him
in future.

It is not like I haven't explained this already once.  Do you ignore
negative input on purpose?