Re: [BUG] Dark/bright face detection problem

From: Johannes Weiner
Subject: Re: [BUG] Dark/bright face detection problem
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2007 23:32:15 +0200

Hi again,

On Sat, Sep 29, 2007 at 11:20:19PM +0200, Johannes Weiner wrote:
> I think I have found the problem, please correct me if I am wrong:
>
> Starting at lisp/faces.el, around the comment in line 1674.  It says that all
> faces that should be NOT updated are collected (negative list, presuming that
> most faces should be updated and just to collect the ones that do not).
>
> Now, I can not tell why the following happens since I am not into it very
> deeply, but almost all faces, excluding about 4 here, are pushed to this
> locally-modified list, which won't get updated through `face-spec-set' in line
> 1695.
>
> The logic seems to be reversed; all faces that should get updated are left
> untouched and vice versa.  `locally-modified' contains exactly the opposite
> set of items it should contain.

I was lagging.  If `face-spec-match-p' is t, then the face is already okay and
should not be updated and therefor be pushed to the list.

(when (not (face-spec-match-p ...)) ...) is therefor wrong. It should be
(when (face-spec-match-p ...) ...).

Did I miss something?

        Hannes

--
3BD8 AF56 11AF 205C 9DB6  B10F 76F1 0634 71A4 DCA0