Re: Syncing Gnus and Emacs repositories

From: Daiki Ueno
Subject: Re: Syncing Gnus and Emacs repositories
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2007 20:09:39 +0900

2007/10/3, Richard Stallman <address@hidden>:
>     IIUC, it is Miles who knows what the issues are.
>
> If there are issues about installing the new Gnus version into Emacs,
> Don't the Gnus developers know what these issues are?

Hopefully.  But Miles said that he tried test-merge and he encountered
several issues about PGG, and he couldn't remember the issues were.
How do we can know his issues?

> Have you tried running the latest Gnus in the current trunk Emacs?
> Does it work?

I believe so.  However, I stop using Gnus for daily work and I can't
tell whether there are really issues about PGG or not.  Reiner Steib
and Katsumi Yamaoka also said that they rarely use Gnus' PGP
functions.

Therefore we need a tester who keeps track on cvs.gnus.org, replaces
Gnus' pgg*.el with Emacs', uses Gnus' PGP functions for daily work,
and has not yet switched to EasyPG.

It looks like a ridiculous situation for me...

Regards,
--
Daiki Ueno