Re: Please install: Some improvements to doc-view.el

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Please install: Some improvements to doc-view.el
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2007 14:37:59 -0400

    I changed `dired-view-file' so that it asks the user to use doc-view for
    pdf, ps and dvi files instead of `view-file'.

The change in Dired is similar to a change I installed in 2004, which
was removed in 2005.  The code worked but there was some sort of
drawback to the idea.  I don't remember what it was, but before we
install a similar feature now, someone should check on this list for
discussion of `dired-view-file' in Dec 2004 and make sure that the
arguments there don't apply against this change.

As for the changes in doc-view.el itself, would someone please install
them?