Re: New start up splash screen annoyance...

From: KingBolete
Subject: Re: New start up splash screen annoyance...
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2007 13:18:38 -0700 (PDT)

The new splash screen is like one of those horrible features that MS tends to
inflict on users.  The first thing you want to do is figure out how to
disable the "feature".  I wandered through the customization menus but
couldn't find any way to do it (it might be there, but things are rather
hard to find there).  I probably would have got around to searching through
the info, but I might not have ever searched for "splash screen" since it is
so unlike the ones I'm used to (i.e., they usually go away quickly once the
app is launched).

I would add in the splash screen text both info on how to get out of the
screen and how to disable it in the future.  Often I want to take a quick
look at a file and adding another operation is definitely annoying!

Never the less, Emacs is still the one-true-editer.