Re: new VC, current with changes up to 1.456

From: Dan Nicolaescu
Subject: Re: new VC, current with changes up to 1.456
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2007 18:10:28 -0700

"Eric S. Raymond" <address@hidden> writes:

  > Also incorporates review suggestions by Dan Nicolaescu.

I looked at this new version just for a few things that I know that
have changed in vc.el in CVS trunk, they are missing here.

Here's a list:
For the comment at the beginning of vc.el:
- copyright: 2007 missing
- $Id$ has appeared
- please don't say "new version", it won't be "new" soon enough.
- It should be ";; * create-repo ()", not ";; * create-repo (backend)"
- ";; - log-view-mode ()"  is missing
- ";; - revision-completion-table (file)" is missing
- diff-tree has disappeared, should it be deleted from all the
  backends?
For the rest:
- vc-print-log should call the log-view-mode backend method
- vc-default-log-view-mode is missing
- vc-annotate-display-select should use vc-select-after
- vc-default-revision-completion-table is missing
- vc-default-diff-tree mentions vc-version-diff which does not exist
  anymore
- vc-version-other-window should vc-call revision-completion-table
- vc-history-diff should  vc-call revision-completion-table

Given that so many things are missing from the merge, can you please
reconsider your decision not to reorder the functions? It makes a huge
difference when looking at the files with ediff. I agree that your new
ordering makes more sense, but it makes it much harder to look only
for the things that actually changed (most of the functions move have
not changed at all...).

Thanks
        --dan