Re: New VC mode -- review request

From: Dan Nicolaescu
Subject: Re: New VC mode -- review request
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2007 19:14:30 -0700

"Eric S. Raymond" <address@hidden> writes:

  > Dan Nicolaescu <address@hidden>:
  > >   > Hm.  I wonder if this is a problem with the hg back end -- I haven't
  > >   > tested that.  Can you duplicate this behavior with any other back end?
  > >   > I'll stare at the code around that error message for a bit when I do
  > >   > the merge with top of trunk.
  > >
  > > The same thing happens with RCS.
  >
  > Very odd.  I can't reproduce this.  Perhaps I'm not understanding the
recipe.

mkdir /tmp/test
mkdir /tmp/test/RCS
cd /tmp/test
cp ~/.emacs 1.el
cp ~/.emacs 2.el

emacs -q 1.el 2.el

C-x v i C-x v v for each of the 2 files. After that they should be
writable. Quit emacs.

echo foo >> 1.el
echo foo >> 2.el

emacs -q -l vc.el
(where vc.el is your vc.el)

C-x v d /tmp/test RET
Mark the 2 files.
v u

and now that gets an error.

BTW, I just found another issue:
with the same setup as above, do:
cp ~/.emacs /tmp/test/3.el

emacs -q -l vc.el /tmp/test/3.el

C-x v v
fails with: "No fileset is available here."