Re: Missing file in EMACS_22_BASE (GIT repo)

From: Jim Meyering
Subject: Re: Missing file in EMACS_22_BASE (GIT repo)
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2007 15:04:50 +0200

dhruva <address@hidden> wrote:
>  I am using the GIT repo. I am not finding the emacs.manifest file
> under the 'emacs/nt' folder. The build (MinGW) on XP needs it. I just
> copied it from the HEAD and the build went fine. I am able to see this
> file in the ViewCVS frontend under the EMACS_22_BASE branch. I am
> guessing something might have gone wrong in the GIT repository.

If you don't have it, then perhaps you removed it or interrupted the clone.
It's certainly in my copy (obtained via git clone git://git.sv.gnu.org/emacs):

  $ git log nt/emacs.manifest
  commit f48fe6668ba687f79be000712e2c0df709a7a7f0
  Author: Jason Rumney <address@hidden>
  Date:   Fri Jun 15 00:07:45 2007 +0000

      Manifest for Windows XP and later. Links Emacs to comctl32.dll version 6
for
      the new style scrollbars.