Re: current CVS fails

From: Robert J. Chassell
Subject: Re: current CVS fails
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2007 11:14:46 +0000 (UTC)

Today's GNU Emacs CVS snapshot, Fri, 2007 Oct  5  10:34 UTC
GNU Emacs 23.0.50.37 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.10.13)
started with -Q -D

    > and it fails with the message, Selecting deleted buffer.

    Can you set debug-on-error and provide a backtrace?

Yes.  Unfortunately I have found nothing for list-buffers-noselect.

    Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "Selecting deleted buffer")
      list-buffers-noselect(nil)
      list-buffers(nil)
      call-interactively(list-buffers)

Neither

    cvs diff -D 2007-10-01 buff-menu.el
    cvs diff -D "5 days ago" buff-menu.el

show changes.  Also CVS annotate shows none in October 2007.

In addition,

    cvs diff -D "5 days ago" desktop.el
    cvs diff -D 2007-10-01  desktop.el

do not show changes either.

Perhaps someone else can find problems.

I am stumped.  (I also tried GDB, edebug, and --debug-init with no
success.)  My last working copy was from 2 October 2007, which is the
date of the instance with which I am sending this message.

--
    Robert J. Chassell                          GnuPG Key ID: 004B4AC8
    address@hidden                         address@hidden