Re: New VC mode -- review request

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: New VC mode -- review request
Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2007 12:12:49 -0400

    > Before installing these changes, please post the change log for them
    > here, so we can work on them to make them suitable.

    I haven't the faintest idea how to do this.  Your change-log format is
    good for describing small incremental changes at the granularity of
    individual functions, but not for major rewrites where abstractions
    touch many functions at once.  It's not that I'm unwilling to try to
    write something useful, I can't imagine how to within this format.

Please list the functions that you have changed.
For those that were totally rewritten, just say "totally rewritten".
For those that have smaller changes, describe the changes.

If explanations of program logic are useful, please put them in
comments in the source.  (Perhaps you have already done this.)