Re: Slow merge of vc.el begins: "focus version"

From: Eric S. Raymond
Subject: Re: Slow merge of vc.el begins: "focus version"
Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2007 09:55:51 -0400

John S. Yates, Jr. <address@hidden>:
> Given that the various supported vc backend use different terminology
> I would to see a table listing emacs vc concepts and terms with the
> corresponding terminology for each backend.

Good idea.  You could probably develop such a table without
much difficulty, and I encourage you to do so.

It's not good for the long-term maintainence prospects of the mode
that so few people understand this mapping of abstractions well.
At the moment the set consists of myself and, probably, Stefan Monnier.
A third would be a good thing.