Re: Slow merge of vc.el begins: "focus version"

From: John S. Yates, Jr.
Subject: Re: Slow merge of vc.el begins: "focus version"
Date: Sat, 06 Oct 2007 09:09:55 -0400

On Sat,  6 Oct 2007 04:32:52 -0400 (EDT), ers wrote:

>      ..  I will probably start by merging, into both code and manual,
>the "workfile version" -> "focus version" change.  ...
>
>I am not really happy about introducing a new term, especially one
>that isn't lifted from VCS terminology already current.  But, as I
>explained to Dan, none of the VCSes have evolved an unambiguous term
>of art for this.

Given that the various supported vc backend use different terminology
I would to see a table listing emacs vc concepts and terms with the
corresponding terminology for each backend.

Also, given the dvc project expressed hope of ultimately shipping with
emacs I would hope that vc and dvc would settle on common terminology.

/john