RE: show minor-mode menu when you click its mode-line lighter

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: show minor-mode menu when you click its mode-line lighter
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2007 19:39:21 -0700

> The point of this feature is that people mousing around
> will find what they might expect.  It isn't necessary
> to document such features.  You'll note that the manual
> doesn't explain Mouse-1 on major mode names, either.
> GUIs are supposed to be self-explanatory, right?
>
> The only change needed to document this is a tiny one
> in the first paragraph of Mode Line Mouse.

Suit yourself. With that logic, however, there is no need to document the
menu bar, the tool bar, and other GUI features that users can discover by
mousing around (if on by default).

I'm not sure it's obvious that you can get major and minor mode menus
without showing the menu bar. But I agree that this kind of thing is less
important to document in general, for the reason you gave.