RE: warning about undo info being discarded when in *Backtrace*

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: warning about undo info being discarded when in *Backtrace*
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 08:34:44 -0700

> >> How about turning off undo information in *Backtrace*?
> >> As far as I know, there is no use for any.
> >
> > I almost mentioned that too. I did not, thinking that someone
> > might want to edit a sexp in the buffer to use as a return value,
>
> Is that even possible? I think you'd use "r" or something and then do
> the editing in the minibuffer after pasting there.

Perhaps you're right: someone could certainly copy something from
*Backtrace* to the minibuffer and edit it there. But someone else might find
it convenient to edit it in *Backtrace* (in context) before copying. Dunno
if that's worthwhile.

The question is whether there is a real need for undo in *Backtrace*. I
don't see a need for it, but the question is open, for now. Anyone see such
a need?