Re: vc-diff in non-VC buffer

From: Eric S. Raymond
Subject: Re: vc-diff in non-VC buffer
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 17:49:29 -0400

Juanma Barranquero <address@hidden>:
> On 10/10/07, Eric S. Raymond <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > A recursive check for version differences is not what you expected?
> > It seems the most natural thing to do there.
>
> When I'm visiting a file that is not under any version control system,
> then no, I don't expect a recursive check. I expect an error message.

Hm.  Even if there are other version-controlled files beneath the
current directory?

I can change this behavior.  But I was preserving an earlier capability
to say, in effect, "tell me what has changed under this directory,
*without* making me list all the files to diff".

I think people are likely to become quite upset with me if I
remove that.