Re: Internationalization - Devanagari

From: Alok G. Singh
Subject: Re: Internationalization - Devanagari
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 08:31:56 +0530

On  7 Oct 2007, address@hidden wrote:

> Maybe I should spend some more time with the Info pages on
> internationalization. But it would be nice if somebody explains.

The only workable combination of Indic scripts and Emacs that I
managed is CDAC fonts with Emacs22 (at least). There seems to some
issue with the font encodings of the ttf Indic fonts generally
distributed.

See emacswiki.org [1] for some details. The information might be dated
but should still work. Also the thread on linux-delhi [2] might be
useful.

Footnotes:
[1]  http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/SupportHindi
[2]  http://article.gmane.org/gmane.user-groups.linux.delhi/15841