Re: unload-feature questions and thoughts

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: unload-feature questions and thoughts
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 01:20:23 -0400

    So I think that the evidence is for the intuitively obvious statement that
    no one knows how to use the hook.  I found no examples where the normal
    heuristics would break anything, although neither did I find any examples
    where the unload-hook actually broke things by suppressing the "normal
    heuristics".  So I think treating it as a bug is probably the right thing
    to do for simplicity: just do the heuristics regardless, and let the rare
    hooks that really need to suppress them kill the variable bound for that
    purpose.

Ok.