Re: 23.0.50; Cannot run calculator on TTY

From: T. V. Raman
Subject: Re: 23.0.50; Cannot run calculator on TTY
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 06:30:00 -0700

In the emacspeak environment, I've set header-line-format to
either show just the buffer name or in case of things like my
alsaplayer interface, to show the title of the song that is
playing.
In info mode,  I  use the default behavior of using the header
line to show the node information.

In general, the header-line is one of my more favorite features
in newer emacsuns since it lets me squirrel away summary
information in a
manner that gets automatically updated.

    >> For something like the calculator that wants to claim as
    >> small a window as possible, I would guess that the header
    >> line is not too useful, especially since it has a
    >> modeline.
    martin>
    martin> There should be no problem doing
    martin>
    martin>          ((not (get-buffer-window calculator-buffer))
    martin> (let ((split-window-keep-point nil)
    martin> (window-min-height 2)) (setq header-line-format nil)
    martin>
    martin> in `calculator'.
    martin>
    martin> I wonder, however, why `header-line-format' has a
    martin> non-nil value in the first place.  Do you have an
    martin> advice creating a header line for all sorts of
    martin> windows?

--
Best Regards,
--raman