Re: Adding xterm-extras to Emacs

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Adding xterm-extras to Emacs
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 13:42:21 -0400

>> > If would be favorable, if you can study xterm-extras.el and include
>> > those you see fit.
>>
>> Given that you are interested in this and you seem to know that
>> something is missing, why don't you provide a proper bug report with
>> what is missing???

> To produce a full bug report is difficult as I only know how to use an
> XTerm and no more than that.

Just tell us which keys are not recognized (i.e. say key A-C-foo is not
recognized and give us the corresponding escape sequence, which you can
recover from C-h l).

> With the recent change, <S-up> is not shown
> as <select> under `C-h K' any more.

Not sure which change could have caused that.  Does it show up as S-up now?
If so, I'm glad to hear it ;-)

> However the following key bindings are recognized differently in `C-h
> K':

> Alt-right => <A-right>
> Alt-left => <A-left>
> Alt-up => <A-up>
> Alt-down => <A-down>

Is that good or bad?  The above looks right to me.  What was it before?
What should it be instead?

        Stefan