Re: isearch multiple buffers

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: isearch multiple buffers
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 11:59:45 -0400

    >     Perhaps, we should add a new user option with 3 possible values:
    >     1. don't stop in the initial buffer
    >     2. stop once in the initial buffer
    >     3. stop in every next buffer
    >
    > I don't mind having some of those as optional behaviors, but the
    > default I've described above is none of those three.

    Actually, under the 3-rd variant I meant the same variant as you
    described, i.e.

      3. stop in every buffer which contains the search string
         (and always stop in the first buffer)

    So there are three useful options (and let's try using the 3-rd as the
    default).

If you want to implement all three, please do.