Re: Another VC terminology change?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Another VC terminology change?
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 13:34:40 -0400

>> You mean API rather than UI, right?
> I mean UI. How does the user request a merge on such a VCS?  Using
> "C-x v +" from any VC managed file?  Should it then warn that the
> whole tree is getting merged?

No: it needs to do it from a place where he can specify the right fileset,
i.e. from vc-dired (or maybe from just `dired' depending on how this works).

> What happens if there are conflicts in files that are not opened?
> Should VC show pop a vc-dired window and show them?

The Lisp of possible features is open ended, but if the command was run from
a vc-dired buffer, there's nothing special to do, which is a good reason to
request that such commands be run from a vc-dired buffer.

        Stefan