Re: 23.0.0; Nonsense in lisp/frame.el after cvs-update

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: 23.0.0; Nonsense in lisp/frame.el after cvs-update
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2007 14:45:20 +0100

Stefan Monnier wrote:
>>     (cond ((memq window-system '(x mac))
>>         (x-focus-frame frame))
>>        ((eq window-system 'w32)
>>         (w32-focus-frame frame))
>>        ((eq window-system 'ns)
>>         (ns-focus-frame frame)))
>>

> Can we fix this nonsense?  Let's define internal-focus-frame which depending
> on the return value of `framep' will dispatch to the various
> display backends.  We could even start with an elisp implementation of it.

What is the ns window system? On w32 that function was renamed to
x-focus-frame a few weeks back, probably the wrong version was given
priority during the merge. Generally if the function takes the same
arguments, returns the same value and does the same thing, having a
different name for different window systems' implementations just gets
in the way.