Re: frame-local variables weirdness

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: frame-local variables weirdness
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2007 12:29:18 -0400

    PS: As a matter of fact, I don't even see a need for frame-local variables
    at all: they *are* used currently, but only because they exist.

I see that currently they are not used very much.  However, I would
not have added the feature merely because it made sense.  I would only
have done so if it solved a problem.  I would expect there was some
discussion at the time about reasons to add the feature.  Can someone find
that discussion and see what the motive was?