Re: 23.0.50; Middle ``wZZ in of permissions in dired-mode is red and bol

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: 23.0.50; Middle ``wZZ in of permissions in dired-mode is red and bold: dired-warning
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2007 23:20:25 +0200

> From: "Drew Adams" <address@hidden>
> Cc: <address@hidden>
> Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2007 13:54:22 -0700
>
> > > Wrt those who are annoyed by "too much" such Dired
> > > highlighting: ... you see it only if you
> > > choose `font-lock-maximum-decoration'.
> >
> > This will not help, as `font-lock-maximum-decoration' defaults to t
> > since Emacs 20.1.
>
> Of course it will help. "Those who are annoyed by 'too much' such Dired
> highlighting" can choose nil instead of the default value of t.

Yeah, and lose the otherwise useful fontifications elsewhere in Emacs?
no, thanks.

In any case, at least my gripes were about the _defaults_, and by
default font-lock-maximum-decoration is on.  I know how to customize
my faces for a long time, but IMO I shouldn't be requested to
customize a face because someone else's paranoia.