Re: C-x v v no longer works the way it used to

From: Eric S. Raymond
Subject: Re: C-x v v no longer works the way it used to
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2007 22:09:02 -0400

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden>:
> > Before the recent vc changes, in a version-controlled directory,
> > if I were visiting a non-version-controlled file and hit C-x v v,
> > it would effectively add that single file to the version control
> > system.  i.e., cvs add, git add, etc.
>
> > Now, all it does is print "No fileset is available here."
>
> > Is this intentional?
>
> It's a bug.

Correct.  It's against my original intention for how the mode was supposed
to work.  Somebody broke that feature years ago; I didn't restore it during
the rewrite because I was being ultraconservative about behavior changes.

I'll fix it as soon as I get sufficiently out from under this bout of
gastroenteritis...