Re: Improving X selection?

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Improving X selection?
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 14:30:49 -0400

    The change, if any, I'd like is that C-y and M-w operates on CLIPBOARD, and
    that PRIMARY is left to mouse operations.

ISTR that there are environments where it is bad to use the clipboard
at all.  I don't remember what they are -- are there people that don't
use the clipboard at all?

Also, the basic idea seems mistaken.  When I select something in
another program, I select it with the mouse because that's the only
way.  That doesn't mean I should only be able to grab it in Emacs with
the mouse.  C-y should work.