Re: Emacs just closed with 4 running shell buffers

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Emacs just closed with 4 running shell buffers
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 14:31:23 -0400

    > I see that C-u C-x C-c will silently save and quit, but even that
    > prompts about running processes.  So what happened?  And can I stop it
    > happening again?

    Perhaps Emacs just crashed?

If it had crashed, the shell would have printed a message to that
effect.  Did that happen?

                                 Try running it under gdb which makes it
    possible to examine such a crash when it happens again.

It is a good idea to run Emacs under GDB all the time, in case something
crashed.  But it is unlikely he will type the same accidental input
a second time.  I don't think we can expect to get more info about
this problem that way.  I think deduction is the only tool we have
available.

I looked at the code in save-buffers-kill-emacs, and I cannot see any
way that it could bypass the confirmation about killing processes.