GNU Emacs video mode supporters are welcome

From: Mátyási Arnold
Subject: GNU Emacs video mode supporters are welcome
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 20:30:39 +0200

Dear GNU Emacs community,

There is a 3 member community for using GNU Emacs as a video editor
based on GPL-ed free software: mplayer and avidemux. Martin Howse
(London/Berlin) started an Emacs lisp project this year, Gabor Torok
and Arn Matyasi (Budapest) joined him this late summer. We have now a
working proof of concept GNU Emacs video editor mode in an alpha
stage.

GNU Emacs is used for composing an Edit Decision List using mplayer
for previewing films and using avidemux for rendering final edited
movie. We agreed on transferring copyright to FSF and releasing
gneve.el (GNU Emacs Video Editor mode) as GPLv3 and we registered this
project at Savannah. https://savannah.gnu.org/task/?7328 and working
on details to comply with GNU standards.

If you think that Emacs is ideal also for editing videos we welcome
you and may ask for your kind support. We are more or less experienced
Emacs users but still novice Emacs lisp and GNU programmers so we
would like to learn from advanced Emacs people.

Home page of gneve.el is at http://1010.co.uk/gneve.html

Thank you for GNU Emacs,
Best regards,

Arn Matyasi