Re: Diff faces

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Diff faces
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 13:12:36 +0900

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:
>> I like the current shadows-of-gray color scheme used in diff-mode.
>> And even ediff uses similar gray colors to highlight inactive hunks.
>> The only complaint I currently have is that the yellow color of the new
>> face `diff-fine-change' doesn't fit into this scheme.  What do you think
>> about changing it to a shadow of gray?
>
> Sounds fine to me, that's basically what I use.

Another consideration is that the current face (bg "yellow") is almost
unusable with a dark background (because there's almost no contrast
between "yellow" and the usual white foreground), and _completely_
unusable on a dark-background tty -- ttys can't use shades of grey, so
diff faces on ttys are fruit-salady, with a yellow _foreground_ for
changed text!

A grey background doesn't really work well either on dark-background
ttys either, as sometimes (but not always...), "grey" is a fairly light
grey color.

-Miles

--
自らを空にして、心を開く時、道は開かれる