Re: address@hidden: part of display property on before-string property i

From: YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
Subject: Re: address@hidden: part of display property on before-string property is not displayed]
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 18:09:03 +0900

>> The patch below breaks the loop for multiple display specs if a
>> replacing spec is found in a display property of a string.  This might
>> be a bit ad hoc, but I think drastic changes should be avoided for
>> Emacs 22.

>     Looks good to me; and I agree that it would be best to keep this in
>     Emacs 23 only.

> I will go along with that.  Please install the fix, and update
> FOR-RELEASE.

Done.  Actually this is related to two items in FOR-RELEASE:

** address@hidden, Sep 19: redisplay goes horribly wrong when a
before-string contains multiple display properties
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2007-09/msg02442.html

** address@hidden, Sep 19: part of display property on before-string
 property is not displayed
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2007-10/msg00138.html