Re: Nested sit-for's

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Nested sit-for's
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 09:40:09 +0200

On 10/18/07, Richard Stallman <address@hidden> wrote:

> I think it is convenient for it to return nil to indicate
> "not idle", and if you wish it were (0 0 0), it is easy to
> write (or ... '(0 0 0)).

AFAICS, current-idle-time is used exactly once in the Emacs sources
(in jit-lock.el), so I'm not entirely sure what convenience are you
talking about; to my eyes it just adds a tiny bit of unneeded
complexity to the function's interface...

...But anyway, if you are certain that is the right interface, we
should at least document it. The fact that the function could return
nil is mentioned neither in the docstring nor the "Idle Timers" node
of the Elisp reference.

             Juanma