find-file for PostScript programs

From: Ulrich Mueller
Subject: find-file for PostScript programs
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 11:26:40 +0200

Hi,

after my last sync from the CVS trunk, I've noticed that the default
behaviour for find-file on a .ps or .eps file has changed: It now
immediately switches to "doc-view mode" instead of displaying the
source code of the file.

This gets into the way of editing PostScript source code and I find
the new behaviour really annoying.

The first line of the find-file docstring reads: "Edit file FILENAME."
>From this I would expect Emacs to choose an editing mode for the
file's buffer whenever possible.

Please consider making ps-mode the default for editing Postscript
files again.

Ulrich