RE: Two problems of building Emacs on windows

From: Herbert Euler
Subject: RE: Two problems of building Emacs on windows
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 20:11:29 +0800

Sorry, should be "the inexistence of `lib-src' in the same directory where
`etc' exists".

Regards,
Guanpeng Xu

From: address@hidden
To: address@hidden; address@hidden
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 20:09:26 +0800
CC: address@hidden

> However, when
> emacs is dumped, it uses the hardcoded paths in epaths.h on Windows (I'm
> not sure why this is not the case on GNU/Linux),

This is exactly because the existence of `lib-src' in the same directory
where `etc' exists: please read `init_cmdargs' in main.c.  The inexistence
causes Emacs not setting `installation-directory' to a proper value but
leaving it nil, so later in the Emacs' starting up process `doc-directory'
is left the one in nt\paths.h.

If you create `lib-src' in $(OBJDIR) and copy the file buildobj.lst into etc,
it will not use the "hardcoded paths" and use the correct path instead.

Regards,
Guanpeng Xu