Re: fill-paragraph-or-region

From: David Reitter
Subject: Re: fill-paragraph-or-region
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 16:23:55 +0100

On 18 Oct 2007, at 17:04, Stefan Monnier wrote:

I see that fill-paragraph-or-region was removed, and instead fill- paragraph
was changed to fill a region if transient-mark-mode is active.

Whatever the internal implementation, this is a good idea from the user's perspective. We have had M-q bound to `fill-paragraph-or- region' for some time now in Aquamacs precisely because of the shortcoming that this change fixes, and I haven't heard any complaints from users.