Re: 23.0.50; Undefined symbol: _res_9_init

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: 23.0.50; Undefined symbol: _res_9_init
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2007 15:45:42 +0900

Peter Dyballa writes:

 > so it's obviously a mistake to re-define res_init as res_9_init. This
 > re-definition happens in resolv.h in:

Be careful.  There's some tricky stuff in Mac OS X having to do with
this.  It was a galaxy long long ago and far far away, so I forget
details and even the problem project, but probably what's happening is
that you really want to pull in a BIND-specific library because libc
doesn't have it but that library does.  IIRC, of course.  YMMV.