Re: filesets

From: Robert J. Chassell
Subject: Re: filesets
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2007 16:15:50 +0000 (UTC)

    Given the pervasiveness of lists in lisp, I don't think
    "files-list" _is_ particularly more helpful, and it's certainly
    more ugly.

Yes, it is more ugly.  Moreover, you are right, when a word is plural,
assume it refers to a list.

What do yo think of my other suggestion, which is to drop the word
`fileset' in documentation where the reference is to a list, as in
`vc-svn-diff'?

;; emacs/lisp/vc-svn.el

  (defun vc-svn-diff (files &optional oldvers newvers buffer)
    "Get a difference report using SVN between two revisions of fileset FILES."

    Robert J. Chassell                          GnuPG Key ID: 004B4AC8
    address@hidden                         address@hidden