Re: filesets

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: filesets
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 08:46:21 +0900

"Robert J. Chassell" <address@hidden> writes:
> What do yo think of my other suggestion, which is to drop the word
> `fileset' in documentation where the reference is to a list, as in
> `vc-svn-diff'?
>
>   (defun vc-svn-diff (files &optional oldvers newvers buffer)
>     "Get a difference report using SVN between two revisions of fileset
> FILES."

I like that one -- indeed, I think the simple term "files" is much more
clear than "fileset".

[An english speaker can kind of guess what the term "fileset" must mean,
but it still has a very peculiar feel about it, like it's implying some
extra restrictions over and above a simple list of files.  Maybe there
_are_ such extra restrictions, but it's not obvious from what I've seen
of the code...]

-Miles

--
=====