Re: isearch multiple buffers

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: isearch multiple buffers
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 10:01:22 +0900

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:
>> The cryptic system "Do no lOng nameS" might perhaps still be around?
>
> No problem there on principle either: long names simply need to have unique
> prefixes to avoid collisions, so long names per se are not a problem

Are we going to stop supporting msdos 8.3 filenames already?!?

I seem to recall some muttering of doing so after the 22 release, and
even that was my imagination, well, we damn well should!

[I can't believe, in 2007, we're still supporting such idiocy...]

-Miles

--
`...the Soviet Union was sliding in to an economic collapse so comprehensive
 that in the end its factories produced not goods but bads: finished products