Re: comments on "TAB indents the region when the region is active"

From: René Kyllingstad
Subject: Re: comments on "TAB indents the region when the region is active"
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 10:51:33 +0200

* Dan Nicolaescu:
>  When TAB was changed to do "indent-region when the region is active"
>  by default.
>  RMS asked that after some time I ask here if people like/dislike this
>  feature.
>
>  Can you please let me know if you have an opinion about this?

I really like it. When I first started using Emacs (in 1997), I tried
marking a region and pressing tab to indent it.  Disappointed that it only
indented the first line I drummed through with arrow-down and tab.  It was
only much later, having read up on elisp, that I bound tab to my own
indent-line-or-region command.

I don't want to have to remember separate key bindings - there are too many
as it is.

-- René