Re: chinese-gbk

From: Katsumi Yamaoka
Subject: Re: chinese-gbk
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 17:38:59 +0900

> Kenichi Handa <address@hidden> writes:

>> But, Emacs 22 does't have a room to to make a charset for
>> GBK.

> Su Yong and Zan Jian wrote a package named `mule-gbk' which implement
> the GBK coding system, for more infomation:

> http://mule-gbk.sourceforge.net/

> because there's no room for GBK charsets (3 Leading Bytes at least),
> mule-gbk occupied the leading bytes of Chinese-CNS-5, Chinese-CNS-6
> and Chinese-CNS-7 charsets, these charsets are rarely used.

I have the mule-gbk package installed.  However, it displays GBK
text as all boxes.  Maybe I have to use GBK fonts instead of CNS-
5, 6, 7 fonts.  Though I've never found the GBK fonts for free
in the net.  OTOH, the utf-8 way that uses existing fonts is
very good (mule5-gbk.el[1], alias junk, works this way).

[1] http://cache.gmane.org//gmane/emacs/gnus/general/65432-001.bin