Re: recent changes to org files

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: recent changes to org files
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 14:06:16 +0200

On 10/23/07, Carsten Dominik <address@hidden> wrote:

> I was referring to this statement.  It is not enough to install only
> patches,
> I also need to actively monitor changes that are made by others.

OK, now I understand. Thanks.

However, someone has to track the changes. Either you track the
changes in the CVS, or whomever intends to fix or change anything in
the CVS must check that his changes don't conflict with your version
(and that makes having Org in the CVS somewhat irrelevant), or the
person goes ahead, does the change and sends it to you (and then, if
your copy varies much faster than the CVS one, conflicts are bound to
happen and effort is wasted).

             Juanma