Re: copy-sequence no longer copies rings

From: Michael Kifer
Subject: Re: copy-sequence no longer copies rings
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 10:20:17 -0400

> (copy-sequence   '(2 3 . [1 2 3 4])) gets an error in Emacs 22.
> What precisely formerly did work?
>
> I installed some changes in ring.el (if that's what you mean)
> a week or two ago, but they don't affect the data format.

It used to copy rings without errors. I do not know when it stopped working
though. Now that I am thinking about it, I probably have not used that
feature for 1 year or so, but it must have been possible to copy rings
using copy-sequence around summer '06.

In viper there are statements of the form

(copy-sequence viper-command-ring)

where viper-command-ring is a ring. They've been working for about 10
years, but now they do not.