Attempting to build Emacs using VC8 (on WXP)

From: dhruva
Subject: Attempting to build Emacs using VC8 (on WXP)
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 10:14:53 +0530

Hi,
 I am attempting to build Emacs using VC8 (VS 2005). Some problems I
am hitting into are redefined functions like fcntl, utime, etc.. I was
wondering if we can rename our 'w32.c' specific implementations as
'sys_' (sys_fcntl) and use 'emacs/src/s/ms-w32.h' to redirect the
calls to Emacs implementation of those functions. In the earlier
versions of VC, thses functions were missing.
 Would this exercise be worthwhile?

-dky

--
Dhruva Krishnamurthy
Contents reflect my personal views only!