Re: suppress_checking

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: suppress_checking
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 10:56:46 +0200

On 10/24/07, Richard Stallman <address@hidden> wrote:

> So we might as well make CHECK not compute the condition expression
> either.  Which means that it might as well test suppress_checking
> first.

It would be useful to know what was the intention with
suppress_checking, and how is used (if someone does use it indeed).
Currently there's a difference between

  #undef ENABLE_CHECKING

and

  #define ENABLE_CHECKING 1
  suppress_checking = 1;

because in the latter case, the check tests are still executed, though
its return value is discarded. Perhaps that difference was intended.

             Juanma