Re: doc-view compilation warnings

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: doc-view compilation warnings
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 09:55:01 -0400

>> I'd also be very happy to get rid of the doc-view-clean-auto-mode-alist
>> monstrosity by just saying "if you're not using doc-view-minor-mode, then
>> toggling off doc-view puts you in fundamental-mode",

> I don't get you here.  If someone has his buffer in d-v-m and toggles to
> an editing mode I can activate d-v-minor-mode unconditionally.

AFAICT doc-view-clean-auto-mode-alist was used when toggling to editing in
order to find the major mode to use while editing.  So I suggest to simply
use fundamental-mode (unless you're currently using doc-view-minor-mode in
which case you don't need to change the major mode).
Of course, you can activate the minor-mode after putting the buffer in
fundamental-mode.

        Stefan