Re: [patch] Re: regexp repacement, how to present replacement to user?

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: [patch] Re: regexp repacement, how to present replacement to user?
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 23:48:55 -0400

    I think the main part of it is the offsetting and that may be used at
    other places.  So it's the only part we want to provide.

The originally proposed function was much cleaner and easier to use
than this offsetting function.  If this facility is useful enough to
justify adding someting to Emacs, better to add the originally
proposed function.

The question is whether this is useful enough to be a reason to add
anything.